Vision and Samba Touch Screen problem troubleshooting
When the touch screen is not working properly, please check the following:
- Make sure that the screen is clear and that there is no foreign object between the plastic cover and the HMI itself that might apply pressure on the screen.
- Try to remove the original protective cover.
- If the PLC is installed in a cabinet, please remove it from the cabinet and test functionality.
- The plastic clips that press the PLC to the cabinet, might be over tightened and might apply pressure to the screen that will be interpreted by the screen as a touch.
- Monitor SB16 via online in VisiLogic, SB16 will rise when the HMI is touched. ( Make sure that the value of SB16=0 when screen is not being touched)
- Monitor SI40 and SI41 (X and Y coordinates of the screen when (0,0) is the upper left corner of the screen). The value of SI40 and SI41 should be `-1` when there is no touch.
7. Calibrate the couch screen via Info Mode:
- Press on the HMI for 4-6 seconds till Info Mode will load.
- The default password is `1111`.
- Press on the "Calibrate Screen" button.
- Touch the middle of the squares.
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful